Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

At least in my world, it is.

Braylen and I started playing the Christmas station on Pandora a few weeks ago. It takes my breath away how much Christmas music soothes me. It brings me down from the worst of moods, and makes me excited about life.

I can remember listening to carols as we put up the Christmas tree growing up. Decorating the tree was always one of my favorite parts of Christmas, and it still is (I've been holding back putting up the Christmas tree since October). Listening to Little Drummer Boy, Silent Night, and Jingle Bells while hanging up the ornaments that have been on our tree since I can remember... The memories I have from Christmastimes past are some of my favorites and most fond.

Last year, I had to drive through a blizzard to make it home for Christmas Eve. Now, I say "I had to" and many people would disagree that it was a necessity. Unless it hasn't been made clear, Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. The day before Christmas is the big day for my family. If I hadn't driven home, I would have been alone in a town without any friends or family around on my favorite day of the year. There was no way that would happen. Even though I didn't get to be with Braylen, being home with my family (for probably the last time we'll all be together like that) was well worth the treacherous drive.

This year, I'm hoping that the crazy snow we had last year tones it down enough that we can see everyone and get to enjoy our time altogether. This is my first married Christmas, and although things are supposed to dramatically change once your married, I think we'll actually be able to stay fairly regular with what we normally did. I'm just excited to be a part of his family, as well as spend time with my wonderful parents and grandparents. I am so thankful that I get to share the holidays with my best friend and our family. To have all of these blessings so early in my life is something I never could have hoped for.

Santa outdid himself.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...