Saturday, November 20, 2010

One is the loneliest number...

Braylen is back on the night shift so Luke, Kit-Kat, and I are left to our own devices here at the house. It would be kind of nice to have a quiet home, but sometimes it can make me a little blue. I like to hear the loud thud-thud-thud of my husband's Clydesdale feet every once in a while (don't tell him I said so though..) and being able to look over at him on the other couch click click clicking away on his computer (paying absolutely no attention to the ravishing red head sitting in the same room). Not to mention the fact that when he's gone I have to take the dog out in the cold, freezing, ice cold wind and run the risk of getting frostbite. It really is a tragedy.

So I need to look on the bright side.

Ten Things I Like about Being Alone in the Night:

  1. I have the whole king size bed and the covers alllllllll to myself. (I probably could stop the list right here and that would be enough... We have a fantastic bed.)
  2. I get to control the remote. All of my DVR'd shows from the previous week get watched while the husband's away. It's very nice. I can also watch the shows that cause him to roll his eyes at me.
  3. When I leave the toilet seat up (enabling Luke to drink from the toilet) I have no one to blame but myself. Along with when I leave the bedroom door open (allowing him to drag out socks from the laundry basket) and leave a napkin, paper towel, or straw wrapper in Luke's reach. It's always more fun to blame it on Braylen, but it saves me the energy of raising my voice when it's my own fault.
  4. I feel very independent when it's up to me to guard the house, lock the doors, feed the animals, turn down the heater before bed, and wield the shotgun. I am woman, hear me roar!
  5. I can have a friend over or go see a friend without feeling bad that Braylen is the third wheel or being left out. Bonus, it allows me to throw killer parties (in fact, the keg just got here... hold on).
  6. No one's here to make fun of me when I have on a hoodie, pants, socks, jacket, and zebra print Snuggie with the heater on... and am still cold. I'm not exaggerating... It's happened. Several times.
  7. I can get myself a snack and don't have to be attacked by puppy dog eyes (not from the puppy, by the way) asking if I can grab him one, too. 
  8. I can pass gas and no one looks at me like I'm a cavewoman. Luke has respect for my physical need to release gas... HE never judges me. 
  9. I have my choice of couches. That's two whole couches (not to mention the four recliners in the basement) that I have full control over. This kind of power should be outlawed.
  10. I don't have to cook dinner. As much as I love cooking, it's nice not to have to. 






I still miss him, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...