Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cycles Approach

And I don't mean for phonological therapy.


I went to bed last night dreading how I would be able to study my horrendous pile of notes for my Speech Science test tomorrow. I forced myself to read through all of them on Tuesday (gosh, that seems so long ago...) and last night was the first time I'd looked at them since. I knew this was going to be my hardest test to study for and try to wrap my head around, but I woke up and decided to give myself a break.

Since I've been up, my method of studying has been as follows:


  1. Read a day's worth of notes (the way I have my notes organized on OneNote has them separated by day). 
  2. Read a chapter from "The 17 Day Diet" (which I received in the mail yesterday!!!!)
  3. Check facebook, email, d2l, and any other form of web media I desire (which actually takes less time because I get to do it so often that nothing changes)
  4. Begin again at Cycle 1.
It's really been working out for me. I don't get burnt out on reading notes because one day's worth really isn't that much. PLUS I get to read my new book, which is turning out to be reallllly good and I'm almost somewhat disappointed that I am waiting until after the holidays to start! ha. The foods sound really good and losing 20 pounds in a month sounds even better. (By the way, I deciphered that my goal weight is about 130-150lbs.. Depending on if I'm considered medium or "big-boned". I can't tell if I'm big-boned or not because I've always been overweight. So I think I'm going to settle for my goal weight being around 140lbs.)

Getting to know more about this weight loss plan had me thinking that it would be kind of neat to document here how it's going. What I eat, when I eat it, how it makes me feel, and how well/poorly it's going. It'll be interesting to see where this takes me, and I'd like to share it with those of you that have been reading. 

I'm ready to get started and excited that Husband wants to take the journey with me. In fact, he said yesterday, "I want to lose my gut and work on a six-pack." I laughed until I realized he was serious. I told him, "If my husband wants to have a six-pack, I have absolutely no objections!!" I'm so happy he's willing to work on this with me, even if he's happy with how I am now.


My lovely MIL sent me this message about a week ago:
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens" Ecclesiastes 3:1
I think that this is your season.


I'm ready to get started!!!

But for now, it's back to Cycle One.

3 comments:

  1. You have the best blog posts, Kaycie! Plus, it's a good study break for me. I might try your cycles approach since I'm having trouble getting anything done for that class. I saw that show on Dr. Phil about the 17 day diet, and I think it's awesome that you're going for it and that your husbands going to do it with you. :) You should definitely share on the blog and let us know how it goes. See you tomorrow for the LAST final. It's going to be great to walk out of there and be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaycie! I love your blog. At least I think I do, it's the only one I've ever read so maybe it's just the novelty. JK! If you have the willpower to actually stay on a diet and be healthy for a whole month, can I have it when you're done? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks ladies!!

    Erin, It lasts more than a month, but I'd be more than willing to get you a copy. Christmas present? =] It's a pretty neat book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...