Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beef, it's [soon to be] what's for dinner!

Breakfast: green tea, 4 scrambled egg whites
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced golden delicious apple
Lunch: veggies and yogurt dip, a sliced pear
Dinner: green tea, grilled chicken and veggies
Dessert: haven't decided on a yogurt yet

Well, tomorrow is our last day on the first cycle. I cannot express how excited I am to expand our food choices in the next 17 days! I'll explain a little more about the additions once the time comes, but let me just say one thing... BEEF!!!

So first day back at school went seamlessly. I got up on time, got everything ready at a leisurely pace, and made it to school in time to pick up my computer BEFORE my first class. I was so excited. So I'm back on my very own computer and it feels great! Let's just say... I'm a PC! Husband's Mac was a little bit confusing for me!

But back to what I was saying... School went well. My classes all seem like they're going to be great, and I even like the new professor we have this semester. I still don't have everything prepared for clinic tomorrow, but I have all day there tomorrow to fret about it so I'll be just fine.

Altogether just feel very optimistic about this semester! It's a good feeling.

And going to school and sticking with the diet was successful today, as well. Although, I will say, my stomach was growling during each and every class and I had to go to the bathroom FOUR times (when I normally don't need to go at all or once at the most). Guess I hadn't realized how much drinking this much water had affected me until I left the house, ha.

Not working out today. I plan on shifting my workout days to Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday and/or Sunday. Those are my more relaxed days and the ones that will be easiest for me to stick to. Instead of working out Tuesdays and Thursdays, I plan on studying and looking over my notes and readings for class. I really want to try to stay on top of it this semester so I don't keep putting it off until right before tests like I always have done. That really came back to bite me in the end of last semester... Grad school is NOT the same as undergrad (and a far cry from high school, no doubt).

So I'm going to go study now. Wish me luck that I can keep it up!



Also, thank heaven for husbands that will cook dinner for tired wives!
Couldn't do any of this without him!

2 comments:

  1. Luck! And prayers. You're going to make it, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go hubby for cooking for her!!!! :)
    And keep up the hard work with both your diet and school. It's sounds like you have really got it all together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...