Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 37

Breakfast: green tea, strawberry shortcake yogurt, banana, and a piece of whole wheat toast with sugar free strawberry preserves
Mid-afternoon snack: a sliced honey crisp apple
Lunch: green tea, 2 bean/2 meat chili
Dinner: green tea, cheeseburger patty, caramelized onion, carrots, and sweet potato
Dessert: yogurt

Loooooooooooooong day of class today. I'm feeling slightly drained. Not gonna lie... As soon as I came home, I whined at my husband (well, that's normal for any day, tired or not) and immediately plopped into bed and snuggled under my covers for a good 45 minutes, in and out of sleep. It was pretty darn peaceful, except for the occasional sniff lovingly given by my puppy at the edge of the bed.

Dinner was spectacular, as per usual. Tried something new with the onion-carrot-sweet potato mix, and I gotta say... Yum! Husband liked it, and he doesn't even like sweet potatoes! His burgers were fantastic, of course... So it was a success all-around.

Had every intention of having a houseguest over these upcoming snow days (yes, we're having more), but unfortunately, it didn't work out. So it's just me and the husband tonight. He decided to actually take his day off tonight rather than go in for an extra day because the weather is turning nasty tonight. Actually, it's turning nasty as I type. Started snowing while Bray was on the kitchen balcony grilling.

Speaking of nasty weather and snow.. It's the perfect time for us to try to conserve on our bill and stop using the heater! At least, that's what Husband thinks. Our bill we received today was a good deal larger than it usually is, so he's decided we can't turn the thermostat above 67°. He loves being in the cold.

There are a lot of things I love about my husband, but that isn't one of them.

And now we're going to Walmart, because we are idiots and like to put ourselves in the way of danger and mass chaos. Good day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...