Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gains and Losses

Day 35

Breakfast: green tea, 1 piece of whole wheat toast with a squirt of ketchup and 1 egg on top (don't judge, it's scrumptious)
Mid-afternoon snack: two sliced pears
Lunch: green tea, caesar salad w/grape tomatoes, 1 piece of whole wheat toast
Dinner: WAS A DISASTER. green tea, sauteed onions and carrots, 4 egg whites and a pinch of cheese
Dessert: black forest cake yogurt and a 100 CALORIE FUDGESICLE!

Went for our weekly grocery trip to Crest today. Of course it was packed, what with being Sunday AND having another storm coming next week. Amazingly enough though (although not at all surprising) they were completely stocked up on everything. That place is fantastic. And cheap. I bought a TON of stuff today and it still cost me $100 less than it would've if I had gone to Walmart.

After I came home and unpacked groceries, I started cooking my dinner so I could eat while Husband had his breakfast. And that's when the problems started. I bought the same dang turkey burgers that I've been buying, and for some reason they, for lack of a better word, MELTED when they got hot. The first two packages (they come in packages of two) I put in the sink with hot water so they could thaw before I cooked them on the grill. (I DO THIS EVERY TIME) When Husband went to take them out of the package, they "disintegrated" (the word he used). Completely fell apart. So he mushed them back together and threw them on the grill anyways. Nope... They fell apart and fell down into the grill. Goodbye, FOUR hamburger patties! SO, round two... I put two packages of frozen patties on the grill. Went back a couple minutes later to flip them over... They, too, had sank into the pit of fire. GOODBYE four MORE hamburger patties! After that, I gave up and just decided to get my protein from a couple eggs... Thus the horribly mismatched meal of onions, carrots, and EGGS. But hey... Everything was delicious, so I guess I can't complain.

Except for the fact that I just bought a 12 pack of turkey burgers and now 8 of them are in the dumpster. Other than that, everything is just fine.

So, after dinner I decided to have my 2nd yogurt of the day and then take part in what can only be coined "Pure Bliss"... a chocolate fudgesicle!!! (that was only 100 calories!!!) I can't tell you how long I've yearned for the taste of chocolate to be in my mouth once again and I finally got it!!! Mmmm, it was delicious! I also bought french vanilla truffle bars (also 100 calories or less) and some frozen fruit bars!

I think I'm going to love the 3rd cycle! (And maybe also hate it, cos I know I'm not going to lose as much weight this 17 days). The thing is that since you're taking in more carbs and calories this cycle, you have to pretty much double the amount you work out per day, which given that we've only been required to do 17 minutes of working out a day up to this point... Doubling that really isn't so hard. So I did my regular 17 minute workout on the 17 Day Workout DVD and then another 17 minute workout on the same DVD that I've never tried before. It was easier than the first! After that was finished I did a 5 minute arm workout, and now I'm taking a break to let the sweat dry off before I do my Wii Fit and Gold's Gym Dance workout.

Definitely going to need a shower ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: The following contains material that is not suitable for all ages. Reader discretion is advised.

Two words: Stretch. Marks.

Because I've decided to myself that this blog will be the tell-all location for my dieting victories and pitfalls, and because I'm 99.5% certain that the only male who reads this blog is my husband... I'm going to share with you a SAD discovery I found today. When I was changing into my workout clothes about an hour ago I decided that I should look in the mirror and see if I notice any changes. (Note: the mirror in our bathroom is only a medicine cabinet... It's very easy to avoid looking at anything below your collar bones.) Needless to say, I hadn't looked at myself in a full-length mirror since this whole process started. Sigh... I was mortified to see that I've gainedddddd stretch marks. And not faint ones... Oh no... These are the deep, red kind that make it look like I've been slashed repeatedly on my sides. Ummm, I know that the stretch marks I have will likely never go away, but why am I getting MORE now? This is ridiculously lame and if I somehow could object, I most definitely would. I literally said out loud "What the...?!" and must have sounded very surprised/upset, because Puppy looked up at me and asked me what was wrong.

Okay, he didn't really ask, but his eyes said it all.

I guess, a bit of slightly good news is that I bought a pair of jeans about 2-3 months ago. They were the same size I always get but for some reason didn't fit (this happens from time to time with the jeans I get from Walmart). Instead of returning them, Braylen told me to keep them as motivation for when I lose weight. I tried them on again today for the first time and they actually were zippable. However, the style and cut isn't right for me, so I may have to end up taking them back anyways.

You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

And now I will play Wii Fit and allow myself to be verbally abused, once again, by the Wii fit Balance Board in the game. I don't know why I put up with this time and time again.. I should've left him by now...

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...