Tuesday, March 29, 2011

These Are My Confessions

Day 86

Breakfast: bowl of cereal w/granola
Mid-afternoon snack: yogurt and 1/2 banana
Lunch: grilled cheese and baby carrots w/honey mustard vinaigrette
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/feta cheese, grape tomatoes, and grilled chicken
Dessert: pretzel rods dipped in almond bark and a slice of AMAZING cake

I thought of something on the way home today that I should probably explain a little further to those of you who have been faithful readers (thank you, by the way... It really does make me incredibly happy that you are still reading!). I realized that I have not posted many pictures of our meals lately, and then I realized that it actually makes some sense. I have a reason for my actions (which I can't always proclaim with such confidence)!! I decided when we started back through to cycle 1 that it would be better (for me) to eat my bigger, more substantial, high-carb meal for lunch and switch the salad to being eaten later in the day. I think it really has helped me to lose these past few weeks, and I've been sticking with it ever since. However, because of this, I eat my more interesting and picture-worthy meals while I'm at school during lunch and, therefore, am unable to take picture of them. And not only that, but lately our "big meals" have been chili, soup, and chicken w/vegetables... Things I've taken pictures of before that I'm sure you don't want to keep seeing. With how completely and totally ridiculous school has been, I have had zero motivation or drive to make anything requiring a recipe card or thought in my brain. Now that we're in the third cycle, however, I know Braylen will demand we have more fun in our meals and being the obedient housewife that I am, I most certainly will have to oblige and obey him (pahahahahahaaha this is ten times funnier due to the fact that lately he's been the one cooking a majority of our meals). Anyways, I've 'fessed up... my cooking skills have greatly diminished and my ranking as a housewife has been lowered significantly.

Sigh. It feels good to get that off my chest.

Anyways, I ATE CAKE TONIGHT. There, I said it. My MIL provided a small reception for my BIL's senior music recital tonight and there was cake. It's as if she knew that for the past weeks and months cakes/cupcakes have been on my mind with great frequency (frequency... F0, harmonics, random, noise, blah, blah, blah, please ignore what I'm saying). Anyways, CAKES... My point of weakness. I devoured that cake and every bit of icing it was topped with. And I loved it


And now I have a headache from the sugar and feel like I'm gonna vomit. 


But it was totally worth it. 


________________________________________________________

Dear God, thank you for my BIL, Logan. He is a blessing to so many of us and an intriguing mystery to so many more... And I love him for that. As he moves closer to graduation, please bless and enrich his life that much more. Give him guidance and point him in the right direction. In Your name, Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny... I also had cake this weekend- and felt like TOTAL crap after! But it was yummy... (And painful on my tummy.)

    Have a great week!

    Sarah
    TheWeatheredWord.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm checking to see if this is working now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...