Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Everyday Conversation

Day 114

Breakfast: eggs w/onion
Mid-morning snack: a pear and Reese's egg
Lunch: taco salad, an apple, and a Reese's egg
Dinner: turkey and swiss panini (no mayo) with steamed broccoli from A&E
Dessert: carrot spice cake

I forgot to mention yesterday that when I weighed in, to no one's surprise, I'd gained 1.2 lbs. I was actually more shocked that I didn't lose more. But, can't complain about that! So far (aside from the Easter candy here and there) I've done pretty good this week. I have to lose between now and May 21st if I want to feel amazing in my MoH dress. It's nice to have a goal to work for... Helping with the motivation! After the Biggest Winner competition, I think we both kind of lost sight of what we were headed towards because we didn't have that drive to do well each week. Not that I've lost control of the diet since it ended, but I've definitely strayed from the vast progress I was making each week. I think the motivation is comin' back to me now, though... Fear not! Reaching that 45 lb mark (and soon the 50 lb mark!) was definitely an eye-opener for me. I need several of those, apparently, to stay on track. I know I can make it if I just keep it up. Who cares if I didn't follow the diet as well last week? I haven't forgotten everything this journey's taught me, and I know I'm not back at square one.

Just gotta keep reminding myself what Braylen said the other day... "It's not a race."
He's so smart.

Speaking of him, he said something today that made me laugh.

Well, okay... It didn't make me laugh at the time cos I was pouting (he was leaving for work and I always turn into a 2 year old when I have to say goodbye... I'm thinking it's some kind of medical condition or something) but I definitely made a mental note that it had to be added to the list of Braylenisms. And, of course, it has to be shared with you. So here goes...

Him: You're the best, baby. (he says this all the time)
Me: Why? (I say this all the time)
Him: Because one day you're going to have a baby in your belly and it will be ours and you'll push it through a place that isn't big enough for it to be pushed through and that's one of the things that makes you the best. (too graphic?)
Me: ... If you even give me a baby. (I said I was pouty, right?)
Him: Oh, you're gonna get a baby! One day, I'm gonna make you so stinkin' pregnant you're gonna say "... Wow. I'm really pregnant." 

And then we kissed and said goodbye.

.... An everyday conversation in the home of the Rogers family.

Welcome to our world.



'Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...