Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'll Praise You in This Storm

Breakfast: NONE
Mid-morning snack: bowl of Trix cereal
Lunch: grilled chicken and vegetables
Mid-afternoon snack: Smirnoff Ice; baked Ruffles and dip
Dinner: turkey chili

We spent most of today in our basement, taking shelter from the tornados forming all around Oklahoma. Around 5:30 PM is when the tornado actually hit our town. Fortunately, we (Braylen and I) were able to fit ourselves, my friend and her two boys, and our neighbors and their granddaughter into our basement bathroom. Oh, Luke and Kit-Kat joined us, as well. There was damage to the south side of our town, but our neighborhood was fine, thank goodness. As far as I've heard, no deaths or injuries resulted from the tornado that hit us here, but there were deaths in other areas, so please keep Oklahoma in your prayers (and any other areas that may have been hit by a natural disaster tonight). Thank you so much to all of you who texted or sent me FB messages/posts. Your prayers were definitely answered today, as we are all safe and sound.

All the commotion must have taken a toll on me because I woke up late (at about noon), it's only 9:30 now, and I'm already having trouble keeping my eyes open. I figured I should probably update the blog before I forget all about it. But truly I don't have much to update on. We were pretty much holed up downstairs all day. I didn't do any exercise, and I could still do pilates or something tonight if I can somehow wake up and find energy. At this point, I'm not thinkin' it's gonna happen, though.

'Night y'all!

____________________________________________________

Note: I have since heard that there has been one death reported from here in Chickasha. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their family as they deal with this loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...