Saturday, May 7, 2011

Year One: Complete

Day 125

Breakfast: yogurt and granola
Lunch: turkey chili and a banana
Mid-afternoon snack: Heath and Reese's mix from Braum's
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/feta cheese and grape tomatoes
Dessert: NONE

What a day!! I didn't get home from dinner with Braylen last night until 2 something this morning, and then I didn't get to bed until 3 AM cos I wanted to take a shower. I surprised him when he got home by greeting him in my wedding dress. He really liked it more than I thought he would, so that was a nice surprise! After breakfast we went back to sleep until about 10:30 (for me). I just kind of hung out all afternoon... Worked on organizing and printing off my notes and caught up on my Bad Girls Club episodes. In fact, I'm still in my pajamas, that's how relaxed I've been today. Our friend who's staying with us asked her dad to take a look at our AC cos it's not been working in a long while. He came out today and so now it's up and running, and it feels great in here! OH, when I woke up I went to check the mail and I'd received the wallquotes I'd won from wallquotes.com!! That was exciting. We also got Luke's birthday present from Robin (my MIL) in the mail:

She made him a new collar!! It has bones and paw prints on it! So cute.
I also got some pretty flowers in the mail from my lovely husband. =] 12 dozen roses... There's two pink, two white, and the rest are red. Very pretty.. Once they soak up some water and bloom out I'll try to remember to take a picture (no promises). We decided to do our gift exchange and stuff next week when we can go out and celebrate, so I was really pleasantly surprised to get flowers today. I think I've got a good husband.

I can't believe that two years ago tonight Braylen and I were going on our first date. We went to OU to walk around and ate at seven47. Then that night, as we were driving and about halfway home from Norman, he asked me if I would be his girlfriend. And I can't believe that a year ago today, actually right now, we were getting married (the ceremony started at 7 PM). It feels like it was just yesterday because I can remember it all so well... But at the same time... I can't believe it's only been one year! I feel like we've been living in this house together for so much longer than a year. And I really can't believe it's only been a year since I graduated from USAO. I think what makes it feel like so long ago is just that so much has changed since then! To think about how our lives were a year ago and how they are now... It's just incomparable. I always thought I would love being married, but it's 100% better than I could have ever imagined. Admittedly, I am still a newlywed so I'm sure the novelty will wear off... But the first year is supposed to be the hardest, right? If this is as hard as it gets, then we're golden. See ya in 80 years!! We'll be the old couple in wind suits holding hands and mall walking. Yeah, we have our fights and disagreements, I can't deny that. But good grief... this is the hardest part? Fuhgeddaboudit. I'm loving it! I get to hang out with my best friend as much as I want. Couldn't be happier! (Well, unless I had a little one on the way, but I digress...)

I love getting to do that everyday. The laughing part? It's nice.
I'm gonna go fix my salad and then I'm gonna start studying. Thanks for celebrating with us!! It's been an amazing first year!! 

'Night y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kaycie! So happy for you guys, and that's so sweet that he got you roses! You do have a keeper.

    ps You should post a photo of the wall quotes when you get them up. I want to see how they look. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...