Thursday, May 19, 2011

Zoo Trip

Breakfast: eggs w/onion and mushrooms and a yogurt and two blocks of German chocolate; green tea
Mid-morning snack: NONE
Lunch: chicken fingers and onion rings from OKC Zoo
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/grape tomatoes
Dessert: yogurt

I went with my MIL, BIL, BIL's girlfriend, and BIL's girlfriend's son (can this be more confusing?) on an impromptu trip to the Oklahoma City Zoo today! It's been years since I was able to go, and it was so fun. Seeing the groups of kiddos in matching T-shirts and homemade visors with animal shapes stuck to them reminded me of the first zoo trip I can remember being excited about: kindergarten! We went up to the OKC Zoo (how did the teachers/parents manage 30 somethin' 5-6yr olds on a bus for 1.5hrs?) and I can remember having so much fun that day! We had made T-shirts before using sponges in different animal shapes, which I'm pretty sure I still have somewhere. I sat on the bus next to a boy named Carlos and I thought he was cute because he took a nap with his head on my shoulder. It was so nice to see my (future) nephew smiling at and getting excited to see all the animals, just like I did so many years ago.

I forgot to apply sunscreen to my back though, so now I'll be sporting a nice, awkwardly shaped sunburn on my back on the day of one of my best friend's weddings (in which, I am the matron of honor). Juuuust lovely.

When we got home from our trip, I headed promptly and purposefully to bed, crawled under the covers, and slept for, at least, two hours. Oh, bliss. I just love afternoon naps with my husband.

Anywho, he left for work after we woke up and I headed to the couch to catch up on reading my blogs. Now I will do a workout DVD, watch American Idol, and watch Grey's Anatomy. Because I'm on summer break.

'Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...