Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inside These Walls

Breakfast: yogurt
Mid-morning snack: red seedless grapes
Lunch: turkey chili w/o beans; apple
Dinner: spring mix and spinach salad w/grape tomatoes and feta cheese; green tea
Dessert: yogurt
Exercise: NONE

Finally finished putting up curtains. Here's the before/after of the dining room curtain process:

Why would I take a picture of such a messy room?
No idea, but this is what it looked like, pre-curtain.

What it looked like when I bought the wrong sized panel.

What it's looked like for the past few months, pre-sheer panels.

Final product: What it looks like now.

Little closer shot of the sheers on the side windows.
The guest room also was modified a little yesterday:

What it looked like in the beginning. How sad.

What it's looked like for the past few months:
With curtains and new bedding.

What it looks like now: wall hangings, curtains, bedding, and hutch.

Better shot of wall hangings.
Okay, so our house isn't anything fancy and I won't be winning any decorating awards anytime soon, but this slow, leisurely pace of decorating (i.e. we've lived in this house over a year and we're still hanging things on the walls) just suits my style better. I wish that I had the creativity, money, and motivation to do it all at once (or at least do it all in a couple months), but I just don't. Oopsie. Guess I won't be winning Decorating Housewife of the Year, but I can live with that. I'm proud of our little home and how far it's come in the past year. It's not perfect, but it's ours... And there sure is a lot of love inside these walls. 

'Night y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...