Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Pointless Cloth Diaper Post

Breakfast: eggs w/onion and yellow bell pepper; yogurt; green tea
Mid-morning snack: apple
Lunch: turkey and bean chili; green tea
Mid-afternoon snack: banana
Dinner: romaine and spinach salad w/grape tomatoes and feta cheese
Dessert: yogurt
Exercise: 2 mile walk; 30 minutes Wii Fit

Braylen and I decided today (with the helpful information given by Young House Love and my cousin, Stacy) that we will be using cloth diapers and wipes for our kiddos. Ya know.. Once we actually have one. It may not be a big deal or even worth writing about, but we're super excited about it. All I can think about is all the money we're going to be saving.. Cha-ching! A one-time purchase of 12 diapers for $265 (that can be used for all of our children birth-2 years) versus spending up to $3,000 a year to just diaper one child?! Yeah, no question, I'm excited. I don't know why I never considered it before. Well, I guess I do. I just haven't ever known anyone who has used cloth diapers. Or, at least, been aware that they were using them. So I didn't know how the process works. But geez, they're so nice and cute now... I don't see why you wouldn't (unless you didn't have a washer/dryer in your home.. that would be a big hassle to make so many trips to the laundromat). Not that we're going to be snobs about disposable diapers, by any means. I'm 100% we will always have a box or two around for emergencies, day trips, and other occasions when cloth diapers aren't convenient. But I just can't help thinking of all the money we're going to save!

I have no idea why I made a post out of this decision. It, in no way, will effect our lives anytime soon. I just had a really boring day and this was the only bit of excitement we had.

The end.

'Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...