Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Answered Prayer Post

Breakfast: egg whites w/onion; yogurt
Lunch: 2 turkey patties w/cheese; veggies
Mid-afternoon snack: ched'r bites and Orea blast from Sonic
Dinner: NONE
Dessert: 1/2 bag popcorn
Exercise: 30 minutes pilates, 10 minutes yoga

I had a hard time going to sleep last night (maybe due to the two hour nap I woke up from at 8PM?) so I pulled out one of my prayer journals and read through it. I nearly got teared up when I came across this night's prayer:

Dear God, I want to lift up my possible future husband to you. I don't wanna jump the gun and assume you're gonna give me one, but I sure do want it more than anything I've ever wanted. I don't know why I never thought to just straight up ask for you to bring him into my life, but it would be so fantastic to meet him. I lift him up to you now, Lord, and whatever he may be dealing with. Hold him in your arms and help him get through it knowing you're there with him. Thank you for all of the blessings he brings to others and the blessing I'm sure he'll be for my life. Prepare him for out life together, just as I ask that you prepare me for it. Help us to always have our eyes focused on you and to keep our relationship built on you. Help us to encourage one another in all areas. Please help me to have patience as I wait for him to enter my life. Open my eyes to see your plan for me. Amen.

This was written on March 1, 2009. BDR and I spent time together for the first time on April 16, 2009 and went on our first day on May 7, 2009. I am blown away to realize how quickly my prayers were answered. I had this desire on my heart for so many years and it wasn't until I honestly poured my hopes and pleas out to the Lord that it began to come true. Less than two months later, he brought me Braylen.

It, literally, takes my breath away.

You are amazing, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...