Saturday, July 2, 2011

BYOC (Bring Your Own Crazy): Late Edition #2

It's time for BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!  A few questions we answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you wish.  Enjoy!!

1.  Let's stick with the pictures/exercise and shoe topic and post a picture of (or describe) your work out shoes.

I, sadly, don't have good workout shoes. BDR and I are planning on buying some from a fancy running shoe store up in The Big City (sarcasm) soon, but I'm putting it off cos I don't want to spend a bajillion dollars and I'm pretty sure that's the going rate for a good pair of running shoes from a fancy running shoe store up in The Big City. So, right now, I use my non-fancy, non-running Sketcher's and my feet feel like they're falling off by the end of my 20 minute walk/run. These aren't the exact same as the ones I have, but they're fairly similar. 




2.  Again with the summer/hot theme of the week....what does your current swimsuit look like?

The swimsuit I bought last summer for the family reunion at the lake was the first one I'd bought in over a decade. I loved it. I still love it. I will wear it again this year at the reunion. 


I ordered a new one from Target last week, but it hasn't come in yet, so all I have is this picture from their website:



3.  Do you lay out, fake bake, sunless spray tan or use tanning lotion?

No, no, no, and no. Ha. I sometimes will lay out if I have opportunity (which is about 1-3 times a year) but typically my skin stays pale. And I really don't mind. I know supposedly pale skin is gross and tan skin is somehow healthier (except, ya know.. It's not?) but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd rather be pale my whole life then spend money on lotion or tanning beds to possibly shorten my life. That being said, I'm not at all saying that people shouldn't tan. I mean, that's each person's prerogative. Whatever you like! It's just not my preference. Besides, there are plenty of absolutely gorgeous women who embraced pale skin:

Alexis Bledel

Anne Hathaway

Audrey Hepburn

Drew Barrymore


Emma Stone

Marilyn Monroe

Julia Roberts

Kirsten Dunst

Reese Witherspoon

Zooey Deschenel


4.  Describe your week in blogland and in real life.

My week in blogland was pretty horrible. I haven't caught up on the blogs I read in over a week, which makes me very sad. I've made a couple of posts, but they weren't anything special. This is because

My week in real life wasn't the best. I've been in a mood for a while, and I'm not quite sure. Things began to turn around yesterday though because it's my birthday! Well, it was yesterday. Husband took me out on a date and we had a great time. Then today I got to sleep a lot and get ready for the party that's happening tonight. Very excited about that! 

Sorry about all the pictures, by the way. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...