Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Sloppy Joe Post

Breakfast: NONE (Slept 'til noon, oops!)
Lunch: 2 chicken tenderloins w/stir fried veggies; green tea
Mid-afternoon snack: red seedless grapes and a cameo apple
Dinner: "Sloppy Joes" (minus bun, which in my opinion, is just chili) w/a handful of Tostitos and cheese
Dessert: yogurt
Exercise: 29 push-ups; 17 sit-ups; 1 mile walk/jog (15.33 mins)
Calories Allowed: 1,330
Calories Consumed: 864
Calories Burned: 184
Total Calories: 680

Apparently, according to myfitnesspal.com I've been eating too few calories. It's told me this for the past couple of days. Here's what I'm thinking... Too few calories now makes up for too many calories last week. I know it doesn't work like that, but that's what I'm going to go with. I exercised a heck of a lot today because

1) I have a death wish and my sore muscles aren't screaming loud enough
2) when I weighed in this morning I'd gained from yesterday
3) I had the time
4) I needed to do my final PT test for the Biggest Loser Challenge
5) I really want to make it to my goal weight by Friday

Speaking of sore muscles... Yowza! Allow me to share with you the areas of my body that are in pain (cos I know you're interested and all)...

1) inner, upper thighs (which is way too close to my groin)
2) calves and shins
3) quadriceps (no, I didn't know the name for these muscles before I googled it)
4) hamstrings
5) ass (I didn't have to google this name)
6) feet
7) area of my back outside my shoulder blades
8) entire abdomen and obliques

These pains are much more intense in the morning upon waking. Getting out of bed is just a delight.

I also like that I had a momentary bout of amnesia and forgot I had a test tomorrow. After I finished folding laundry I started studying and then the light bulb went off that our professor decided to postpone the test until next week on Tuesday. I euphorically slammed my notes shut and purposefully threw everything I'd learned in the past 3 minutes of reading them out of my mind. Cos who studies ahead of time?

Not this girl.

Now, about these "Sloppy Joes" I made... A few weeks (months?) back, a family member sent me a link to a website forum that is dedicated to 17 Day Diet recipes. It's a pretty fantastic forum actually because everyone lists their recipe based on what cycle you're on. So I don't have to try to guess or click on links that don't pertain to the cycle we're in. Wonderful. Well, I finally decided to.. I dunno.. make something for dinner (crazy thought) and Husband and I decided we'd give this Sloppy Joe recipe a shot. Now here's the thing... I was (and am still) slightly confused as to why the recipe-creator decided to call them Sloppy Joes for cycle one when 1) you can't have bread in cycle one so 2) the recipe doesn't include bread.

Ummm, my idea of a sloppy joe without bread is basically just chili. Which is, for the most part, exactly what this recipe was. There were a few other ingredients added and I cooked it in a crockpot instead of a skillet, but it's pretty much the same. So we ate it with chips and cheese and called it a day. It was pretty tasty, I will say... But definitely not deserving of the name "Sloppy Joe".

And now I really want a sloppy joe.

Oh, and what's a post without pictures? Especially pictures that have nothing to do with content of said-post?

Official Before/After pictures for Biggest Loser Nutrition Challenge
I know, I know.. You're all tired of looking at me in a bathing suit. This is the last one for a while, I promise.

'Night y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...