Friday, September 16, 2011

The Cauliflower Pizza Post

Breakfast: 4 egg whites; 1 turkey sausage link; 1 strip of turkey bacon; yogurt (totaling 336 calories, btw)
Lunch: salad w/hard boiled egg and catalina dressing; cantaloupe and grapes
Dinner: Cauliflower Pizza
Dessert: popcorn and a Braums Heath mix
Exercise: NONE



Again, Pinterest has inspired me to try something I would've never known about otherwise. There was a recipe from eat. drink. smile. that I knew I had to try ASAP. It's basically pizza with a cauliflower crust. Sounded just interesting enough to be amazing. So here's the deal:

The recipe calls for:

  • 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • olive oil (optional)
  • pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings
But I used:
  • 2 cups cooked, riced cauliflower
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Oregano, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
  • Olive oil spray
  • Prego Veggie Smart pizza sauce
According to myfitnesspal, all of my ingredients combined equals 325 calories, which I'm totally happy with. So here's how to make it:

Step 1: Employ two assistants to keep you company while you cut and rice the cauliflower in the food processor.


Step 2: Ya know... Break apart the cauliflower into small pieces so you can rice it in the food processor. Oh, and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

I did 3 cups cos I was confused by the way the recipe was worded... cos I'm not intelligent. But I only used 2 cups tonight and put the third in the fridge for later.


Step 3: In a medium bowl, mix the riced cauliflower with the mozzarella, egg, and seasonings. I did not take a picture of this, because you can probably imagine it already. And I forgot.

Step 4: After spraying the pizza pan with olive oil (which I neglected to do the first time around because, like I said, I'm not intelligent) pour and form the pizza into... a... crust?

Ta-da! Crust.

Step 5: Spray it with olive oil spray (or brush it with olive oil, as the original recipe says) and bake it for 15 minutes.

Step 6: Put some sauce and cheese on top and whatever toppings you want, then broil it for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese. Keep in mind that any toppings you want need to be pre-cooked because they'll only be in the oven a few minutes during this time. We didn't want anything but sauce and cheese, so it was simple.

Voila!

Step 7: I let it sit another 7-10 minutes so it would cool and harden a bit more. It wasn't crispy like a regular crust would be, but it was most definitely something we both enjoyed and will be making again. 


I mean... Yum, right?

Anyways, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Go to the link to find original recipe and directions and yours will probably turn out even better than mine!

Oh... Weigh-in was today and I lost another 3.8 lbs! Putting me at 238.8 lbs... Out of the 240's once and for all! Very excited about that! 

Hope you all have an amazing weekend! 

'Night y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Geez! You are killin' it! Great loss! Must be all that super healthy food you're eating.

    I love Pinterest. It's so addicting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally saw that on Pinterest too! and thought, ummmm, need to try this! So glad you did, now I am definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks for posting your pics too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...