Saturday, January 14, 2012

BYOC -- Bring Your Own Crazy

It has been a heck of a long time since I've done one of these. I missed it last week because I was out of town and away from my computer, but not this week! 

(copied from It's just Me, Drazil, & Sheniqua, who you should go and read because she's hilarious!)

It’s Friiiiidddaayyy! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! A little ditty you can participate in on Fridays to get to know your fellow blogger better and to give your blogging brain a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!!

1. Do you have a favorite traditional “birthday meal”? If yes – what is it and what is the meaning behind it?
No, I don't really have a traditional meal on my birthday, though it is tradition in my family that the birthday girl/guy gets to pick the meal (obviously). Whether it be home-made or we go out. I do have favorite birthday desserts though... Growing up my Oma (grandmother) always made me cheesecake because it's my favorite. Since I'm not usually home anymore for my birthday, I settle for store-bought ice cream cake. Mm all this talk of desserts is making my stomach growl...

2. If you’ve lost weight, has your style changed since you lost weight? Or what's your dream purchase when you do lose weight/hit goal?
I think my style has evolved, but I'm not sure if it's because of weight loss. I haven't lost enough to constitute a whole new wardrobe yet (everything mostly still fits) so I still wear all of my old clothing. I think I've gotten better at layering as the years have progressed (due to my gain of weight) so maybe once I lose weight I won't have to do that so much (although I have to say I like that look anyways, so we'll see..).

3. Pick one question of the following two to answer: Who is your favorite Muppet and why? Or who is your favorite Smurf and why?
Umm I never watched the Muppets and although I watched the Smurfs I don't remember loving any of them. Although, as a child if there was ever a female in a show/movie, they were always my favorite by default because boys suck and I knew this, even at a young age. So whoever the girl smurf was, she was my favorite.

4. When you buy a lotion or after bath spray or body spray or candle (not perfume) – what’s the “flavor” you always find yourself loving the most?
For candles (or in my case Scentsy), I tend to go for fruity/tropical smells, but I also like some warm cinnamon-y or sugary smells. As far as perfume goes, I don't have a particular genre. I use about 5-6 different scents and just rotate based on my mood. Husband's favorite is "Pure Seduction" by Victoria's Secret so I wear that when we go on dates. For all other occasions, I rotate between "Velvet Tuberose", "Twilight Woods" (both by Bath & Body Works), and "Wild Scarlet" and "Endless Love" (both by Victoria's Secret).

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.
Real life is amazing. I did great on the diet/exercise this week and lost another 3.4 lbs (down a total of 8.2 from January 2). I had a great appointment with my new ob/gyn yesterday (which I'll post about ASAP) and things are finally starting to fall into place in the baby-making aspect (again, more to come soon!). I got to hang out with my BIL and future SIL last night and get to see my best friend and her boyfriend tonight. I'm just trying to make the most of the last weekend before school starts. I feel like I'm in a good place to get started again!

Blogland has been equally amazing. I cut out A LOT of blogs from my list, so now it doesn't seem so overwhelming and I can keep up with the ones I actually enjoy and want to keep up with. It's so nice to sit back and read up on everyone again. I was missing that for a long time, and it just feels good to have it back. Oh, and I got one new follower today, so that's always exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...