Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Starting Weight Post

The first weigh-in for Biggest Loser was this past Friday. As I posted before, my starting weight on Monday, January 2nd (when we started the diet) was 262.2 lbs. By Friday, when I weighed in with BL, I had dropped 4.8 lbs, bringing me to 257.4!


I was really excited to make such great progress in only a few days. I'm even more excited to see where I'll be this coming Friday! I worked out at the gym three times last week and stayed active for most of this weekend getting ready for and cleaning up after the shower. I did not put pressure on myself to go to extra mile (pun intended) and do workouts there because I'd done so well at the gym during the week. I took that time to enjoy with my family and friends, and it was wonderful. I fought temptations to eat cake and ice cream on Saturday at the shower and again fought temptation to eat pie and ice cream on Sunday after lunch. I was really proud of that, and hope to continue making those good choices. I know one day I will be able to have a slice of pie or a piece of cake, but right now I'm just not ready for that.

Although I will admit that Husband and I did enjoy splitting a piece of Christmas chocolate when I got home. It was delicious and I enjoyed every bit of that single bite of chocolate. Of course I wanted more, but that's just not an option right now, and I need to learn to live with that! Slowly but surely!

I'm ready to experience more small victories in the weeks and months ahead!

Soon, I will be posting my body measurements and also my week one pictures. I'm going to try to take better pictures this year. Hold me accountable, friends!

'Night y'all!

3 comments:

  1. WHOOO HOOO! Congrats on that loss! Keep that dedication and you'll be losin', losin', losin' in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Leslie Sansone Boost Cables are for use with her DVDs. I imagine you could use them on a treadmill, but that might be dangerous if you're going to fast and you lose balance or something. Also, I suppose you could walk with them outside. I just wouldn't want them to get crusty on the bottom from outside dirt and then use them on my rug after that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...