Friday, February 24, 2012

BYOC -- Bring Your Own Crazy

Okay - it's Friday - which means it's time for BYOC.  Bring Your Own Crazy! 

This week Me dipped into the family reserves (2 daughters and Rambo) and asked them what they'd like to ask us.

#1 comes from Rambo....
1.  If you were going to scratch your ass in public, which cheek would you start with?
Hm, well it probably depends on which cheek was itchy. I wouldn't scratch an un-itchy cheek.

#2 comes from Watermelon (11 yr. old)
2.  If you were a fashion designer, what's the first item of clothing you'd design for yourself and why.
Jeans. I don't know exactly what's wrong with the jeans I try on... But none of them do what I want them to do. Can't figure out why, but maybe if I designed them myself, I could.

#3 is from Me.
3.  Remember last week when I told you to describe yourself in 5 positive words?  This week - turn to your family or anyone next to you and ask them to describe you in 5 words and LISTEN to their answers.
1) cuddly
2) intelligent
3) bossy
4) family
5) friend

I will choose to ignore #3... Even though the directions for this question were to listen to their answers. It's all in love, right?

#4 is a repeat question and I'm only doing 4 questions today since #3 is kinda long-ish.
4.  Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Week in real life has been good. This week went by really fast, it almost seems like a blur. Some complications happened w/Braylen's graduation that we're still sorting out, so that was a little stress-making. Otherwise, I made a B on a test from last week I was slightly worried about (which is awesome). I've been doing 100 times better about working out this week than I have the past month (logged 225 minutes of exercise, which isn't as much as it could be, but I'm happy I did purposeful movement 5 out of the past 6 days). I've also been cutting myself breaks on the diet-aspect (in a good way) where I would've just bashed myself into guilt before. I'm trying to turn a new leaf and change my thinking, because even though being vigilant and on point with everything all the time will make you successful in the short term, in the long run... Life gets in the way and I need to learn that it's okay not to make a perfect decision every step of the way.


Blog land has been much much better than usual. For some reason I was able to post much more than I have been. To be honest, I think I've been making time for it this week because I needed it. Putting it all out on the table really is somewhat therapeutic for me, as my newest friend Mark pointed out to me the other day, and I took advantage of the free therapy a lot this week. I think I feel better because of it, too, which is the best thing. So, to sum up this week's posts: I talked about Week 6's weigh-in and my Valentine's Day plans (although I realize now I never posted about the rest of our Valentine's Day... D'oh!). In another post I talked about my new relationship with PMS, a free workout group I attended, and the junk in my trunk. And another big post was about my new motto: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"... And how grad school is not conducive to a clean house or lots of time with the hubby... And how I go grocery shopping as another therapeutic outlet (and try to not stare at boxes of doughnuts for too long... Except for I don't think I posted about that, even though it's the truth). 


It was a good, hard week. Meaning... It was hard, but it's over and I'm feeling alright.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...