Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dress NSV

Exercise: 45 minute yoga class
Breakfast: 4 hard-boiled eggs (1 whole, 3 whites only) diced w/1 tbs fat free mayo, dill weed, and paprika; yogurt; power cookie (from 17 Day Diet book)
Snack: fruit salad (cut up strawberries, grapes, apple, and pear)
Lunch: romaine & spinach salad w/grape tomatoes, feta cheese, dried cranberries, diced hard-boiled egg, and Italian dressing
Dinner: Pict Sweet Tuscan Vegetable Medley w/1 wedge garlic & herb cream cheese melted in it

Just wanted to swing by for a quick NSV (non-scale victory) post.

Braylen's brother is getting married this weekend, and their wedding is 20s-40s themed. I have been at a loss as to what to wear, because, well... my fashion sense these days is nil (or any days, really). Fortunately when we went to visit my mother-in-law yesterday, she had several extra dresses. I thought for sure none of them would fit me (because my MIL is one hot mama and way tinier than myself) but fortunately she had a dress that just might have been a possibility.

But then she said it was a size 14 and my heart sank.


I've been a size 16/18 forEVER, so I knew that it wouldn't fit me.

For the love of all things holy please ignore my laundry basket/pile. I'd be embarrassed, except I'm not.

But I tried it on anyways because I like to torture myself.

By the way, have I mentioned I only have one leg?

And guess what? 


IT FITS!! 

So I know one dress size isn't the most impressive thing to ever happen. 

But it's the small victories that sometimes feel the most rewarding. At least to me, anyways! 

Oh, and I sent a picture to my husband and he said "Babyyyy! You're hot!". And that made me feel good because he calls me pretty and beautiful everyday (seriously, I'm spoiled), but rarely do I hear "hot" (like... ever in my life). So it made me feel, ya know, special. =]

Hope y'all are having a good week!

'Night!

6 comments:

  1. What a great NSV! (And what a SUPER CUTE dress!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Now if only my darn jeans size would budge. One step at a time, I guess. =]

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and congrats on your NSV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gahhhhhhh what a pretty dress! You look gorgeous, doll ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...