Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 5 Weigh-In and Progress Pictures

Stats for Week 5 Weigh-In with Biggest Loser:
Starting Weight for 2012: 262.2
Previous Weight: 237.8
Current Weight: 238.8


I gained a pound, but I'm really alright with that. I'm still in the 230s and it was an incredibly stressful week. My comprehensive final for all of graduate school was yesterday. It tests over every speech-pathology class I've ever taken and you have to pass it in order to receive your degree. Thank you to all who prayed for my class and me... We all passed!!! That was such a blessing yesterday. 

Thursday BDR learned that a paper he wrote for his class got picked to be published in this year's Oklahoma Academy's Town Hall resource document! He worked so hard on that paper and is reaping the benefits now. I'm so proud of him for his determination to finish his degree and work full time simultaneously. So Thursday was blessed by that news and then passing my comps yesterday??.. It's been a great past few days!! 

So a 1 lb gain really is no sweat to me. I'm still on the right track. 

Want the pictures to prove it? 

The incredible shrinking gut.

My boobs look bigger? Guess the rest of me must be getting smaller!




The pictures on the left are from January of this year, and the ones on the right are from today.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one. I've never seen my back look so smooth. Was NOT expecting to see that. I also love that from January to now, in the first picture, I have much less "hanging out" over my shorts. When I started taking these pictures back in January, I decided to not cover up anything and let it "all hang out". But I also take pictures of how it would look were I to wear my bra and shorts say... Out in public? No, that would never happen. I just mean that normally I wouldn't let my gut be out in the open, and I usually pull my pants up over it. Wow, this is way too much information. What I'm getting at is that I also take pictures that I like to call my "fake" before/afters. 


See how there's no gut? Also see how you can hardly notice a difference from January to now? That's why I like keeping it real so much more. You can see progress much much easier than if I tried to cover up my problem areas.

Anyways, thanks for stickin' with me. Good things are happening in 2012. =]

'Night y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You've done really, really well and you're so brave to put these up on the blog.

    Before I even read what you said, I noticed the difference in the back photo and the "back rolls". They've completely disappeared in your recent photos! And the first photo from the front is a massive difference!

    You look great and congrats on passing your exam too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susie!! I love that progress pictures show you results that the scale sometimes doesn't. When the number doesn't change and I feel discouraged, it helps to look at things like those pictures. =]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...